COMING SOON

COMING SOON:
What We Like in Potato Salad

6.17.2010

Pizza Success

I made homemade pizza for dinner last night. This is probably the funnest thing to make, especially if you like to play around with dough :).

This is the recipe I used for the crust, so simple but SO delicious and it turned out wonderfully fluffy and tasty too. It was probably the best crust I've had on any pizza so far (next time I'm going to make stuffed crust :D )
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pizza-dough-iii/Detail.aspx
My changes:
-Quick rise yeast (it's all I had, haha)
-9x13 cake pan, instead of a round cookie sheet or pizza stone (which will be my next investment)
-Baked for about 10-15 minutes passed what the recipe says.

While waiting for the dough to rise, I made the sauce:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/exquisite-pizza-sauce/Detail.aspx
I LOVE just eying measurements while I'm cooking (and honestly, I do it while baking too, although not to the same extent). I didn't follow the measurements completely for the spices (do it to taste, you'll find it works a lot better that way). We love cheese, so I put probably 1/4-1/3 cup of Parmesan in there. We don't like anchovies so we ex-ed that out. No marjoram, and I only had garlic powder, so I just used that (and we LOVE our garlic too so of course I put a little extra in). I didn't have any cayenne powder so I used cumin and I didn't put any red pepper flakes in, although I might next time.
Here's a funny story for you: Don't forget to put the salt in. I was mixing the sauce together and tasting it and kept putting a little more of certain things in because it was missing SOMETHING and I couldn't figure out what. GE, who doesn't put extra salt on his food (just another thing to add the the list of ways he's like my father) takes one bite and immediately says, "Salt, it needs salt."

The amount of sauce fits perfectly with the dough recipe, which of course makes me a happy camper. Our toppings consisted of pepperoni, sausage (we'll try Italian sausage next time), red onions and mushrooms.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment